Unless otherwise communicated, all meetings indicated on the club calendar are held at:
Time: 7:00 pm, 3rd Thursday of every month for General Meetings
3200 70th Street S.E.
1) Membership Meetings:
All members are invited to general meetings, annual general meetings and specially convened general meetings. General meetings and annual general meetings are regularly scheduled meetings throughout the year.
- General meetings (GM) are held monthly every 3rd Thursday of the month, starting at 7:00 pm, except for the summer months of July and August.
- Annual general meetings (AGM) are held the 3rd Thursday of every November starting at 7:00 pm. Elections for the executive, budgets and changes to SAFGC’s Bylaws are discussed at the AGM.
- Specially convened general meetings may be held at any time to deal with important issues or club business that cannot wait for a regularly scheduled general meeting. The executive will provide two weeks notice for such a meeting.
2) Director Meetings:
Executives and directors meet to discuss club business, issues, member discipline and termination, projects and event planning.
- Director meetings are held at the clubhouse the 3rd Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm immediately prior to the monthly general meeting.
Club members are welcome to attend a general meeting.
Club members will be asked by the chair of the meeting to excuse themselves and step outside when confidential personnel issues or member discipline and termination matters are discussed by the directors.
3) Event and Competition Meetings:
The club executive and all event and competition organizers meet to set the conditions for running the event or competition. They will advertise the dates and times for the events on the club calendar. They will also identify whom you can contact if you want to help organize an event or simply participate in helping run the event through some assigned job duties.
Please click here on volunteering if you would like to help either as an organizer or a volunteer performing some job duty.